Table of Contents
It’s very righteous and noble that you are already praying for your future wife. It’s also necessary to begin asking God for his best in marriage because “the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” James 5:16
3 Prayers to Prepare Me to Be A Husband
If you are already praying for your future spouse then it’s an indication that God wants to prepare you for a fruitful and kingdom purposed marriage. This prayer will center on ensuring you have the emotional, mental, financial, and spiritual aspects of your life in order to steward a Godly marriage.
O Lord, thank you for your presence in my life. I ask that you create a patient heart within me so that I can wait for your best. I desire to marry a Godly woman who honors you, loves others, and is committed to righteousness. Please remove and expose every option and choice for marriage that doesn’t align with your will. Father, open my mind and spirit to your discipline, pruning, and direction. I ask that I be stripped of pride, idolatry, lust, and any ways of the flesh that would cause selfishness and childish behavior in my current and future relationships. I ask that my character be grounded and rooted in the likeness of Christ. I rejoice, Father, because you are moving on my behalf. I look forward to the day when I get to serve you alongside my helpmate. Amen.
Heavenly Father, I come before you in readiness, recognizing that you are preparing me for a purposeful marriage. Please equip me emotionally, mentally, financially, and spiritually to steward a Godly union. Guide me, Lord, in becoming the husband I need to be. Strengthen my character and align my heart with your will as I wait for the one you have chosen for me. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
Heavenly Father, I seek your guidance and wisdom as I prepare to be a loving husband, understanding that in 1 Corinthians 11:3, you’ve established Christ as the head of every man, and the husband as the head of the wife. Help me to embrace this divine order with respect and love. In 1 Corinthians 7:2-5, I recognize the importance of mutual care and intimacy in marriage. Grant me the wisdom and grace to honor and cherish my future wife, acknowledging her rights and needs in our relationship. Lord, empower me to remain faithful and committed in marriage, always respecting and valuing the women in my life. May our marriage be a testament to your love and purpose. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
Related Article: Dying To Self: 4 Tips To Crucify The Flesh!
- But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:3
- But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 1 Corinthians 7:2-5
Marriage Preparation Resources
- 23 Signs God Is Preparing You For A Relationship
- Are You Ready To Get Married? Quiz + Prep Tips!
- 3 Tips to Break Toxic Generational Patterns NOW!
- 4 Secrets for Healthy Christian Relationships!
- Ultimate Guide To Set Christian Dating Boundaries!
- 9+ Christian Books For Marriage & Dating!
- 10 Emotional Needs That Destroy Relationships!
- 38 Signs Of Pride In A Person
- 6 Reasons to Wait On God Despite Pain
Prayer to Find a Godly Woman
I come before you with a heartfelt desire to find a godly woman, one whom you approve of. I ask for your guidance in this search, that you would make it unmistakably clear to me if a woman is not aligned with your spiritual will.
Lord, grant me divine revelation through mentors, dreams, visions, signs, and prophetic words regarding the different options before me. Help me to discern beyond outer appearances and behaviors, allowing me to see the character a woman possesses.
Guard my heart, Father, and protect me from prematurely falling in love with someone who may not be the right match for me. Keep me from awakening love at the wrong time with the wrong person. I rejoice in the belief that you will prevent me from unintentionally leading someone on or investing time in a relationship not ordained by you.
Abba, I eagerly anticipate meeting a woman who is on a journey of purification and righteousness, just like myself. I pray that she would willingly submit to your leadership, allowing you to strip away pride, trauma, idolatry, and any worldly behaviors that might hinder her connection with you.
I am confident, Lord, that my future wife will possess qualities such as joy, patience, kindness, repentance, and forgiveness. May our union be a testimony to your grace and purpose.
In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
- An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. Proverbs 31:10-31
- He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22
An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones. Proverbs 12:4
Prayer for a Beautiful Wife
I turn to you in my quest to find a wife, asking for your guidance and wisdom. Help me to be drawn to her inner beauty even more than her outward appearance. I long to pursue a woman whose spirit radiates a beauty that takes my breath away.
Grant me discernment and a Godly perspective to recognize the unique beauty you have instilled within her. As I pray, I ask that she continues to grow in the image of Christ. May any supernatural obstacles she faces be canceled, exposed, and overcome by your divine power.
I am grateful that you are strengthening her inner self and guiding her towards her God-given purpose. Thank you, Father, for removing any individuals who may seek to corrupt her heart with worldly influences.
I pray that you continue to lead her towards repentance and forgiveness, softening her heart to the promptings of the Holy Spirit and the people around her.
Lord, I am excited about the work you are doing to prepare her heart to love and desire a man like me. I humbly submit myself to you and ask that both of us become beautiful on the inside, marveling at the transformation you’ve wrought in our lives and hearts.
In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
- Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, 1 Peter 3:1-6
- Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Colossians 3:18
The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. Proverbs 31:11-12
Prayer to Love My Future Wife
I come before you with a humble heart, asking you to search my innermost being for any traces of pride, idolatry, immaturity, or selfishness. I seek a clean heart that can endure and love my future wife through life’s challenges.
Grant me the strength to pursue her relentlessly and the grace to forgive her when difficulties arise. I pray for perseverance, self-control, and discipline to love even when my feelings waver.
Thank you, God, for teaching me to love unconditionally, without hidden motives, even when it’s tough, and when others may not meet my needs. I trust in your perfect timing, Lord, and I release any rush prompted by age or worldly motivations.
I place my faith in your divine timeline and ask for the patience to wait for your best. I desire a marriage that honors you, Lord, more than a hasty union. I surrender to your timing and pray for the patience to wait for your perfect plan to unfold.
In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
Related Article: 38 Signs Of Pride In A Person
- Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
- However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:33
- Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7
- Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25