Table of Contents
It’s very righteous and noble that you are already praying for your future wife. It’s also necessary to begin asking God for his best in marriage because “the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”James 5:16
Prayer to Prepare Me to Be A Husband
If you are already praying for your future spouse then it’s an indication that God wants to prepare you for a fruitful and kingdom purposed marriage. This prayer will center on ensuring you have the emotional, mental, financial, and spiritual aspects of your life in order to steward a Godly marriage.
O’ Lord, thank you for your presence in my life. I ask that you would create a patient heart within me, so that I can wait for your best. I desire to marry a Godly woman that honors you, loves others, and is committed to righteousness. Please remove and expose every option and choice for marriage that doesn’t align with your will. Father, open up my mind and spirit to your discipline, pruning, and direction. I ask that I would be stripped of pride, idolatry, lust and any ways of the flesh that would cause selfishness and childish behavior in my current and future relationships. I ask that my character would be grounded and rooted in the likeness of Christ. I rejoice father because you are moving on my behalf. I look forward to the day that I get to serve you alongside my helpmate. Amen.
Related Article: Dying To Self: 4 Tips To Crucify The Flesh!
- But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:3
- But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 1 Corinthians 7:2-5
Marriage Preparation Resources
- 23 Signs God Is Preparing You For A Relationship
- Are You Ready To Get Married? Quiz + Prep Tips!
- 3 Tips to Break Toxic Generational Patterns NOW!
- 4 Secrets for Healthy Christian Relationships!
- Ultimate Guide To Set Christian Dating Boundaries!
- 9+ Christian Books For Marriage & Dating!
- 10 Emotional Needs That Destroy Relationships!
- 38 Signs Of Pride In A Person
- 6 Reasons to Wait On God Despite Pain
Prayer to Find a Godly Woman
Abba Father, I desire to pursue a woman that you approve of. I ask that you would make it plainly clear to me if a woman is not spiritually right in your sight. I ask that you would give me divine revelation through mentors, dreams, visions, signs, and prophetic words about the different options. O’ Lord, guard my mind and heart from falling in love with outer appearances and behaviors without seeing the character that a woman possesses. I ask that you would keep my heart and help me to not awaken love at the wrong time with the wrong woman. I rejoice because I believe you will help me to avoid unintentionally leading a woman on OR spending time within a relationship that you never ordained. Abba, I am excited to met a woman that is on the same purification and righteous journey as my self. I ask that she would submit to your leadership and allow you to strip her of pride, trauma, idolatry, and any fleshly behavior that would cause her to look to world for revelation rather than you. I am confident that my wife will posses joy, patience, kindness, repentance, and forgiveness. Amen.
- An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands. She is like the ships of the merchant; she brings her food from afar. Proverbs 31:10-31
- He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord. Proverbs 18:22
An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones. Proverbs 12:4
Prayer for a Beautiful Wife
Eternal father, I look to you to help me find a wife that is pleasing to my eye. I ask that I would be attracted to her inward being more than her outer being. I desire to pursue a woman that takes my breathe away due to the beauty found in her spirit. I ask for discernment and Godly sight to see the beauty that you’ve created her with. As I’m praying, I ask that she would continue to grow in the image of Christ. I ask that every supernatural obstacles that she is facing now to be canceled, exposed, and conquered. I thank you that you are strengthening her inward man and helping her to find her Godly purpose. Thank you father that you are removing any men or individuals that seek to pollute her heart with the evil of the world. I ask that you would continue to lead her in repentance and forgiveness, so that her heart would be soft to the spirit and people around her. O’ Lord, I am excited that you are preparing her to love and desire a man like me. I submit myself to you Lord and ask that I would become just as beautiful inside and we would both be in awe of the work you’ve done in our lives and hearts. Amen.
- Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives, when they see your respectful and pure conduct. Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, 1 Peter 3:1-6
- Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Colossians 3:18
The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life. Proverbs 31:11-12
Prayer to Love My Future Wife
Abba father, please search my heart for pride, idolatry, immaturity, and selfishness. I ask that you would create a clean heart within me that is able to love my wife through the hard moments in life. I ask that you would give me the ability to pursue her and forgive her when it feels like all is failing. I ask for perseverance, self-control, and discipline to love when I don’t feel like it. Thank you God because you’re teaching me now to love without ulterior motives, to love when it’s hard, and to love when others can’t give me what I need. I thank you God that you will give me a wife in your timing and I don’t have to rush despite my age or any physical motivations. I trust in your timeline God. I trust you to deepen my love and my desire to love others despite pain. I desire a Godly marriage over a quick marriage. I submit to your timing God and ask you to give me patience to wait for your best. Amen.
Related Article: 38 Signs Of Pride In A Person
- Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
- However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband. Ephesians 5:33
- Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7
- Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. Ephesians 5:25